Friday, March 6, 2009

Homework class 3 assignment 2 MTV

I had a tough time with this one as well. I understand floating to a certain extent -- but I don't seem to understand how to stack two big div columns side-by-side. I could only do it now by using absolutes for the right-hand column. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I tried every combination of floating that I could think of, and nothing seemed to work.

I also had trouble containing divs within divs within the first column -- particularly at the bottom of the page where The Wall section was. For some reason all of my info extended out of the first column and into the outer container.

Still had trouble with fonts across the board. No matter what I did, hardly anything changed.

Lastly, I had an issue with the Ad in the lower right column -- it kept positioning itself over everything in the upper right column (over the Playlist area). Again, I could only solve this with absolutes.

I spent so much time on this one -- literally going round in circles -- that I just couldn't finish it. I tried to rough a few things out, but there's some more work to do.

Here's my link:
http://onepotcooking.com/annmariegatti/class3_mtv/mtv.html

2 comments:

  1. sometimes you can reign in your fonts with CSS code... you've got a couple of different font codes going on in your source which might be confusing it into canceling out some of your commands- CSS would clear it up with style sheets really, really quickly without having the danger of accidentally canceling your own commands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Now that I realize you posted to my blog (duh I should have really paid attention to your name) -- thank you for your insight. I'm just continuing to 'muddle' through and hopefully it will more and more sense as I move along!

    --amg

    ReplyDelete