Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Homework from Class 3, Assignment 1 Blackbook.com

I had a tough time with this one. It took me a while to 'get' absolute positioning -- at first all of the list information was floating haphazardly on the page! I played with padding and margins for hours before I realized that absolute positioning would solve the problem.

I had trouble with three issues (that I haven't solved yet):
1) Couldn't get the font color of the word 'submit' on the submit button to turn to white.
2) Couldn't get the background color of the alternate divs to turn grey. I created a special div for this, but whenever I added the background color, only about 3/4s of the div turned grey -- there was always a section of white across the top of the div. Very frustrating! I played with the div height, padding, etc. but could not find a solution.
3) Had a difficult time finding the right fonts, boldness, etc. Many times, the changes seemed insignificant -- not sure why.

http://onepotcooking.com/annmariegatti/class3_blackbook/blackbook.html

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annmarie, try to resize the browser window while viewing your page. You'll hopefully clearly see why absolute positioning is a no no when it comes to page layouts. Absolute positioning is really something to only use in special cases, not as a general tool.

    ReplyDelete