Friday, April 17, 2009

Blog Homework (week 8)

Well, I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I think if I spend more time with this, I will eventually 'get' it. I still don't have everything functional though. My biggest issues are:

1) Can't seem to get anything to write into the MySQL database. Anything I type into the blank fields seem to go 'nowhere'. Had a similar problem last week when writing to a text file (but it turns out I didn't re-upload the text files) -- however this time I tried refreshing the MySQL site and that didn't solve the problem.
2) I finally got error messages to appear when someone doesn't enter their username and password -- however, now the error message comes up no matter what (even if they enter their username and password). This is the opposite version of the trouble I had last week!
3) I keep getting a foreach argument error on my index page. I'm not sure why because I literally cut and pasted the code from Amos' example.

Since the site isn't fully functional yet, I am posting my separate pages:

Login-in page
Register page
Create new blog post page
Edit blog post page
Index page

I would really love to get this blog up and running, so any insight/direction/help regarding any of the above would be greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment